Habanero Hot Sauce
photo by Debtex
- Ready In:
- 6 habanero peppers, stemmed (remove seeds if you can't take the heat)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can peaches in light syrup
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (because I had neither ground ginger or allspice on-hand)
- Put everything in a food processor or blender until there are no more chunks.
- Pour into a glass jar or bottle. I poured mine into a clean 12-oz bottle that used to hold Crystal hot sauce, because I wanted the shaker top insert.
- If you want to keep it shelf-stable, you could probably pour into glass jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!