Guinness Battered Onion Rings
Beer - it's not just for drinking any more!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb onion, peeled and sliced into big fat rings
- 4 ounces self-rising flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 fluid ounces Guinness stout
- oil or melted fat, to deep fry
- Sift the flour and garlic powder into a bowl.
- Beat to a smooth batter with unbeaten egg, butter and Guinness.
- Dredge the onion rings in the batter to coat them and place them, a few at a time, in a frying basket and fry in hot oil or fat (350°F/180°C) for about a minute or two until the batter is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION