Easy Onion Rings
photo by Chef on the coast
- Ready In:
- Slice the onion as thinly as possible (a mandolin would be perfect, but I don't own one, so I used a sharp knife.).
- Soak the onion in the buttermilk for 15 minutes, or while the oil is heating.
- Toss the onion slices in a plastic bag with the baking mix until well coated.
- Drop the coated rings into the hot oil, fry for approximately 4 minutes, turning half way through so that both sides are the same color (should be light brown, and you will likely see the onion "peeking" through the coating.
- Drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip- Ranch dressing or ketchup are both good with these.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Everyone loved these! The only trouble we had was keeping the batter on the onion rings. I did slice them thicker than what you posted only because I didn't want to be making onion rings all night long. We had this with recipe #134725 , a green salad and a roll. It was perfect! Made for the Spring 2009 PAC.