Grilled Vegetables With Green Curry Marinade
photo by Zurie
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of (fresh)
- 1 orange, juice of (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 medium zucchini, unpeeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds (cut at an angle)
- 4 -6 large cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and slice into 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and slice into 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, tough stem ends trimmed and spears cut into 3-inch pieces (use thin spears)
- 1⁄2 large purple onion, peeled and cut into rings (separate rings)
- Mix first 7 ingredients (lime juice through curry paste) in a small bowl until blended.
- 2. Put all of the veggies into a large zip-top plastic bag and pour marinade over them. Seal and toss gently to coat veggies. Marinate 30-60 minutes.
- 3. Prepare grill. (I use a gas grill).
- 4. When grill is ready, dump veggies into grill basket and cook over med-high heat for 15-30 minutes (or until cooked to your crispness preference) , gently turning veggies halfway through cooking time.
- 5. Remove from heat and serve, or cool to room temperature and use on a salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed this recipe although I had to utilize an indoor contact grill. We loved the zing from the citrus, enjoyed the smoky cumin paired with cilantro, and the spiciness of the curry paste was a nice note. I used fairly large button mushrooms and omitted the asparagus completely. Served with baked tilapia & melon. Good luck in the contest!
Made and reviewed for DINING ON A DOLLAR. I wasn't sure of the size or weight of the zucchini, and used 5 small ones. Could not get cremini mushrooms and had to use white mushrooms; I was also not sure how large "4-5 creminis" would have been. But those are minor points. Had to use brown onions as no purple available. I'm sure none of that would have affected the final taste! The green curry paste could possibly have been a little less for these veggies, but it could have been the paste I used. My one problem was that the marinade was a little too acidic for the veggies and also needed salt. I whisked in 1 tablespoon honey and 1 teaspoon flaky salt, and that improved the lovely tang greatly. Grilling as described was not possible, so I oven-roasted the veggies. It was lovely, and went well as a side dish with roast chicken. Veggies were roasted for 30 minutes, and that was spot-on. I took some photos before actually roasting, as the raw, marinated veggies looked so nice, and the daylight was already fading here. Will post after the contest. Thanks for a very nice dish, maybe not yet 5 stars, but definitely 4 1/2! Good luck!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.