Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops
photo by BearsFanJeff
- Ready In:
4 pork chops
For the Chops
- four pork rib chop, thick cut
- 1 cup applesauce
- 4 ounces pork stuffing mix, about 1 dry cup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
For the Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut a one inch horizontal slit in the front of the pork chop.
- Using a sharp knife, slice a cavity into the chop all the way back to the bone. Leave about 1/2 inch uncut along all the sides.
- Combine apple sauce, stuffing, and dijon mustard.
- Divide evenly and stuff into each of the pork chops.
- Squeeze the opening of each chop closes, or secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine the remaining ingredients to make a sauce.
- Grill the chops over a high heat just long enough to sear both sides, about one minute each side.
- Lower the heat to medium or transfer to the chops to a cooler part of the grill.
- Baste with the sauce and turn several times, basting each time.
- Chops should be done after about 20 minutes total cooking time or until the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 145 degrees.
- Remove from heat and allow chops to rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!