Grilled Scalloped Potato Packets
- Ready In:
- Heat your grill to medium high.
- Tear off 8 sheets of aluminum foil, 12x15 or so.
- Butter 4 sheets and lay them out on counter.
- Slice spuds and onion thin.
- Take 1/3 of each potato slices and lay out on buttered foil the size of your cheese slice.
- Top with onion's and ham, then with cheese, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Repeat ending with a few spuds on top.
- Fold foil into tight packets and cover packets with one more sheet of foil.
- Place on grill, cover and cook for 20 minutes, turn and cook another 20 minutes.
- Unwrap and eat.
- I have pre-made these to take camping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I missed the part about finishing with a layer of potato so the cheese stuck to the foil and almost burnt. Forty minutes was just too long or my heat was too high. Even with all my mistakes I could tell the flavor is great and the method couldn't be simpler. I used regular, not processed, cheddar cheese. Next time these will be perfect.