Grilled Pork & Peaches
- Ready In:
- 4 pork chops, thick cut about 8 oz. each
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 peaches, firm, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 red onion, small and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat the grill to hot.
- Brush the pork with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- The outside should be charred (not burned), and the meat should be light pink in the middle.
- While the chops cook, brush the peaches with oil and add them to the grill, cut side down. Grill for 5 minutes until soft.
- Remove, slice and toss with pine nuts, onions, blue cheese and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- Place a quarter of the peach mixture on top of each chop and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota and moved to Ohio in 1978. It was quite a culture shock going from the city to living next to the Amish. I spend most of my time cooking, cleaning and caring for my four kids. I have abandoned cookbooks and now cook from favorite, wilted recipe pages and the internet. I fell in love with my Italian family recipes (Scavo, Rotella, Scalzo, Micelli, Grande, Gigliotti) and my Mom's homecooked meals.