Grilled Peaches with Whipped Cream and Caramel
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 6 firm but ripe large peaches, peeled,halved,pitted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1/2 cup my choice brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream or 1 cup my choice vanilla ice cream
- 3⁄4 cup caramel sauce, warmed
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Arrange peach halves, cut side up, on baking sheet; sprinkle peaches with sugar,cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Let stand until sugar begins to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Place peaches on grill, sugared side down.
- Grill until tender and slightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer peach halves to plates.
- Using electric mixer, beat whipping cream in bowl until peaks form; fold in 1/4 cup warm caramel sauce just until streaks appear.
- Spoon caramel whipped cream alongside peaches.
- Serve, passing remaining caramel sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were very good! I used homemade Vanilla Sugar that I keep in the pantry and made the Whipped Cream from scratch. DH ate his first while I was taking pictures ;) and thought it needed a little texture. We started talking about a few nuts or oatmeal or something when he said Graham Cracker crumbs. Just happen to have some so I ran to the pantry and gave mine a little sprinkling. That did the trick! Will do again. Thanks!
I mixed the sugar and spices in a bowl and dipped the cut side of peaches in it. Turned them cut side up on a plate and let them sit a few minutes. Then cooked them as per recipe. I served them just with a little vanilla ice cream and was quickly wishing I'd made more than a 1/2 peach per person. We all just loved them. Big KEEPER. And I will try the whipped cream & caramel when I have it on hand. Thanks.
see 6 more reviews