Mushroom and Leek Sauce
photo by sams1
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chile, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 leek, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 400 g mushrooms, sliced
- 375 ml evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, chili and leek.
- Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to high and add mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add evaporated milk gradually, stirring.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
YUMMMMM! I served this over a baked chicken breast for myself and over roast pork for the rest of the family. Dad gave it 11 out of 10! A really easy, and yummy (did I mention that already) sauce. Added a bit of wine when the flour went in as it was sticking - other than that followed the recipe. Yum - thank you sooo much sussan- a real keeper!!!!