Roasted Pumpkin and Spinach Risotto
I found this in the "Super Food Ideas" magazine, we have had it several times and all love it. Cooking time is including roasting the pumpkin.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 5 cups boiling water
- 150 g Baby Spinach
- 1 cup shredded coon Italian cheese
- Preheat oven to 220°C Arrange pumpkin, in a single layer, in a lightly greased roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon and onion. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion is soft. Add garlic and rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add stock powder and boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove lid and cook for a further 10 to 12 minutes or until rice has absorbed most of stock. Remove from heat. Stir in pumpkin, spinach and 3/4 cup cheese. Spoon into bowls. Top with cheese. Season with pepper and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation