Grilled Pork Chops With Vanilla-Scented Apples
photo by AmandaInOz
- Ready In:
- 4 pork chops
- 3 large firm sweet apples, cored, peeled and sliced into 12 slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup Licor 43 (vanilla liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Grill pork chops until barely done. Place on a platter in a warm oven.
- Add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to pan over medium heat. Stir to blend well and to allow to caramelize slightly.
- Add apple juice, Licor 43 and apple slices. Cook apples just until done, then remove with a slotted spoon and set apples aside.
- Reduce the pan juices to two to three tablespoons. Remove from heat and add vanilla, salt and pepper. Add apple slices and return to heat until the apples are hot. Pour over the pork chops. Serve with rice or potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!