Grilled Lamb Chops in Pomegranate Marinated
- Ready In:
- 2 small racks of lamb
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate juice
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup virgin olive oil
- Rub the rack of lamb with the salt, pepper, and rosemary leaves.
- Combine the molasses, garlic, shallot and oil in a zip lock storage bag add the lamb chops, turning over a few times to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the lamb chops from the marinade.
- Grill for 4 minutes per side for rare, or 5 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Oh, ~Rita~, this is a winner. I've always loved garlic and rosemary with lamb, and the pomegranate just really added a lovely layer of sweet and tart hiding just below the surface. I couldn't get the particular pomegranate juice you recommended, so I made a reduction of some regular Pom juice. I think next time, I might try it with a pomegranate cherry blend. It struck me as tasty. Thanks so much for sharing this.
I could not get the Cortas Pomegranate juice so I used the juice out of fresh pomegranate and a little port. Port was mention when I went to substitutions site. Then I did everything else as per recipe and refrigerated for 5 hours. I cooked this in my turbo grill/oven as I don't have to turn anything over in this so find it easier. They came out very moist and tasty.