Green Papaya Salad from Quick & Easy Thai Recipes
photo by Genius Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 3 fresh bird's eye chilies
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 yard-long beans, but into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon jaggery, palm sugar or 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2⁄3 cup julienned papayas, green mango or 2/3 cup jicama
- Pound the chilis and garlic together in a mortar with a pestle. Add the bean and lightly crush. Add the tomatoes, sugar, roasted peanuts, dried shrimp, lime juice, lime wedges, and fish sauce to the mortar and gently mix together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the papaya and mix together. Serve.
- Recipe courtesy of Quick and Easy Thai Food by Jean-Pierre Gabriel. Get the book here: https://www.amazon.com/Quick-Easy-Thai-Jean-Pierre-Gabriel/dp/0714873225.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!