Green Onion and Bacon Crostini
Creamy, crunchy, fabulous enough, then topped with bacon! From Southern Living's Annual Cookbook 1996.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups green onions, sliced thinly
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese (I have used fat free with great success)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (same as above with fat free)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (have used low fat)
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine first five ingredients mixing well. (This can be done well in advance.).
- Spread mixture on toast and top with bacon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love recipes that have sour cream, mayo, and cream cheese. Those three ingredients together create the best creamy and tangy yumminess! Our only issue was that this was way to oniony for our tastes. We will make them again and cut way back on the onions. Besides that I love the recipe and will make these as apps often. Thanks!Reply
see 5 more