Green Beans Amandine
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups frozen French style green beans (Trader Joe's Haricot Verts are the best)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (of about 1/2 a lemon)
- salt and pepper
- In the saucepan of a double boiler, boil the water.
- Place the green beans in the colander of the double boiler and place over the saucepan. Cover with a lid and allow to steam for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until beans are near tender crisp.
- Remove the colander and set aside. Dump the water out of the saucepan and add the butter over very low heat.
- Add the almonds when butter is melted and saute until they are slightly brown.
- Toss the green beans into the mixture. Squeeze lemon juice over beans and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook another minute until heated throw. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation