Gluten Free Potato Bread Rolls
- Ready In:
- 1hr 42mins
- Combine warm water, yeast and half the sugar. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Add oil and potatoes to yeast mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup potato flour along with salt.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Beat 1 minute with wooden spoon.
- Stand in warm place until mixture forms a sponge. It willrise and look foamy.
- Add rest of flour to make a firm dough.
- Stand in warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Using extra potato flour, shape dough into rolls. Place on lightly oiled oven trays.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Stand in warm place and let rise.
- Uncover and glaze with beaten egg (whole egg).
- Bake at 190 deg C for 10-12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It's spongey mashed potatoes. I was hoping the other review had just had bad luck with the recipe, but definitely not. I generally try and share my gluten free food with others to show I still eat well...these do not qualify as eating well. The recipe is from a hospital and that's exactly where you'd expect to find food that tastes like this.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a part time at home Mom with two beautiful girls aged 10 and 13, who take after their mother and love to cook also. I love trying out new recipes, especially those that are light, healthy and have lots of flavour. My passion in life is to help woman grow into their potential, which I do through mentoring in my local church. For fun I enjoy reading, mosaics, gardening and having coffee with friends. My pet peeves - political correctness and blame shifting.