Gluten Free Phyllo Dough
photo by Gabriel G.
- Ready In:
- Mix together rice flour, sweet rice flour, xanthan gum and gelatin.
- Make a well in dry ingredients large enough to hold the liquids.
- Lightly beat egg with ¼ C milk, butter and honey.
- Pour this into well in dry ingredients.
- Mix everything together until you have a soft dough. (Depending on brand of rice flour, you may want to stir in more milk).
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap until ready to use for your favorite holiday pastry.
- Store in refrigerator if not using immediately.
- *Use margarine or oil to make dairy-free dough.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We used the dough for fried spring rolls, and we really enjoyed the taste. However, we has a tough time rolling out the dough since it's sticky. After trying wax paper, flour, and oil, we got lucky with plastic wrap. We placed plastic wrap between the dough and the counter top, as well as on top of the dough before using the rolling pin. That process was rather easy. We will be using this recipe again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a lifetime Californian. Recently remarried to the most wonderful man! I have three teenagers from my first marriage and a teenage stepdaughter. I love gardening but have a knack for killing houseplants. We have a playful Scottie and a bipolar (!) Jack Russell; we recently said goodbye to our very old and very loved kitty.</p>