Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread
photo by Jeco2722
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups gluten free all-purpose flour, I like Pillsbury brand
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in hot water mixed with cinnamon for 15-20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a round cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together using a mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in Milk
- Slowly add flour, salt and baking powder into the wet ingredients one cup at a time, mix until a dough forms.
- Drain raisins and add to the dough along with the caraway seeds (if desired). Mix dough thoroughly (I find using my hands easier than with a spoon/spatula).
- Place dough in cake pan and gently push down the dough to spread.
- Using a sharp knife, cut an "X" on top.
- Sprinkle sugar and bake for 60 minutes or until brown and a knife comes out clean.
- Best when served warm with butter. Cover leftovers to prevent drying.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!