Glazed Pork Chops
photo by HisPixie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 6 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil
- 6 lemon slices, thin (or use lemon juice)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Rinse chops with cold water and pat dry.
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- Dust with cornstarch on each side.
- Brown chops on both sides in a little oil.
- Place pork chops in single layer in lightly greased casserole dish.
- Place a slice of lemon on each chop, or sprinkle each chop with a little bottled lemon juice.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar and water together.
- Pour sauce over chops, turning chops to make sure they are covered with sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 1 hour, or until chops are tender.
- Turn chops after 30 minutes and baste with sauce.
- Check occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add a little water if necessary.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My favorite thing to do is to spend time with family and friends, especially my two grandsons. Cooking, collecting recipe books and tried and true recipes from family and friends, and all the wonderful cooks here at food.com, is what I enjoy too.</p> <p>My favorite sayings are: Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and Today is a gift; that is why it is called the 'present'. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> and Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> </p> <p>My favorite poem is: <br /><span>Common Things <br /></span>The things I prize of greatest worth, <br />Are just the common things of earth; <br />the rain, the sun, the grass, the trees; <br />The flowers, the birds, the glorious breeze; <br />Clouds that pass, and stars that shine, <br />Mountains, valleys, all are mine; <br />Rivers broad, and open sea <br />Are riches none can take from me. <br />Our God is here on every hand, <br />Upon the sea, upon the land! <br />And day by day my thanks I give <br />That with these common things I live. <br />....Praying Hands</p> <p>My pet peeve is people who spit gum on the sidewalk even if there is a trash bin a few feet away!! I have stepped in 'fresh' gum a couple of times!! </p> <p><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg alt=/ /></p>