Glazed Apricot Chipotle Wings
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- 1 (250 ml) jar smucker's pure apricot jam
- 1 -2 tablespoon chipotle pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat broiler to high. Grease broiler pan and line bottom tray with foil. Toss chicken wings with seasoning mix and place on prepared pan. Combine glaze ingredients in small bowl. Set aside half of glaze for dipping sauce and use remaining on partially cooked chicken.
- Meanwhile, broil seasoned wings for 5 minutes. Turn and broil 5-7 minutes longer, or until almost cooked through.
- Remove from oven and brush with glaze. Return to oven and cook another 2 minutes.
- Turn wings over, brush with glaze, continue cooking and brushing , every minute or so , until juices are clear and chicken is no longer pink inside. Discard any leftover glaze that was used on raw chicken and serve remaining glaze as a dip.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.