Polynesian Glazed Wings (Low Fat)
photo by Vseward Chef-V
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 lbs frozen chicken wings, drummettes (about 30)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or 1/2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- thinly sliced green onion (optional)
- Place frozen chicken drummettes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until skins are crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Stir in pineapple juice, broth, sweet pepper, and soy sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Set aside.
- Carefully drain off any juices from baking pan. Brush drummettes with some of the glaze mixture. Bake for 10 minutes more. Brush with more of the glaze mixture. Place on serving plate. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Serve with remaining glaze mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had these made for me during a 4th of July get together, and believe me, everyone was racing to get these wings! The teenagers were "hiding" some in ziplock bags for later just in case there were no leftovers! These are really, really good, they just fell off the bone and had a wonderful flavour. I will be adding this to my favourites! :) (and lucky the teens hid some wings, there were NO leftovers!;))
These wings are DELICIOUS. Had with a group of friends over the 4th of July and these were the first to go! This is a simple yet very tasty recipe!! They are tender and fell off the bone, the sauce MWAH devine! Will definitely make over and over again. Thanks for sharing Crafty! Into my Zaar Favorites it goes ;) HUGS ~V
OMG - these are divine and oh, so easy to make! I think I just found a new dish to add to my rotation as well as my party list! I made these for my family for dinner tongiht ad they gobbled up the entire batch! There are 2 adults, 1 teen and 1 toddler! I am planning to make them for a party we are attending in less than a week as well! DH couldn't say enough great things as he grabbed another one - which is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for a PERFECT recipe, GLO - even better that it is baked not fried!! **Made for Beverage Tag 2008** UPDATE - this just continues to be a solid recipe for guests and parties!! In my KEEPER file.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Update: I have changed my profile picture in honor of my dear best friend and loyal companion that I lost to cancer on 6/25/11. Maxx was the best dog that anyone could ever hope to have in their life. Until we meet again, sweet boy, you will be forever in my heart and memories. I currently live in the country with two dogs (a 12 pound poodle mix named Suki and a new member to the family, a 7-month old(?) 7.5 pound terrier mix named Angel ). I got Angel from the dog pound a week after I lost my beloved Maxx. Suki and I both needed a new companion to help us cope with our loss. Nothing will ever replace Maxx, but she has helped to uplift Suki's spirit. I am a secretary for a county school board. I love to cook, bake, crochet, paint, sew, read and anything to do with crafts. I was born in Tokyo,Japan. My father was in the Air Force and my moher was Japanese. I love to cook (and eat) a variety of foods from many different nations. I especially like trying out new recipes and experimenting with both old and new recipes. I also love participating in the great Zaar events like the tag games, recipe swaps, and Zaar World Tours. I recently participated in my first RSC contest. I have definitely had a lot of fun since joining Recipezaar. Update - September 20, 2007 I am proud to announce that I have just been blessed with my first grandchild. My son and daughter-in-law have given me a beautiful little granddaughter. [URL=http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x147/Crafty_Lady_13/?action=view¤t=f6fd3ae3.pbw][IMG]http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x147/Crafty_Lady_13/th_102_0365-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Make Reservation Online Create your own visitor map *************************************************** [Reply]</p>