German-Style Pot Roast - Crock Pot
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe came from the little book that came with my slow-cooker. It was also the first dish I made with this wondrous device. Very tasty, and if you cook on low for 10 hours you'll have hours of kitchen-filling aromas.
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 5mins
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 8 gingersnap cookies
- 1 (7/8 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 -3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast or 2 -3 lbs boneless bottom round roast
- Put all the ingredients, except the roast, in your slow-cooker.
- Mix well.
- Add the roast and stir well to coat it.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 5 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is one of my family's favorite meals. Easy for me, and delicious for them! I do add potatoes to the pot, before placing the meat, and then add carrots about half-way through the cooking time it keeps them from being over-cooked). We do not reduce the vinegar, we love the taste and it really breaks down the meat. My husband mounds sauerkraut on top, to finish his complete, German meal!Reply
Simple, no fuss, German style pot roast for your crock pot! I will reduce the amount of vinegar the next time only because I thought it was a tad over powering. I would also add carrots the next time because we enjoy it in our pot roast. I split the batch up and froze for dinners when we need a dose of comfort food! Thanks for the recipe!1Reply