Bek's Pot Roast (Crock-Pot)
Simple, basic pot roast - adapt as you see fit! Sometimes I omit the mushrooms or celery, but other than that, I leave it alone. You can probably add more spices if you like.
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 20mins
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb carrots, peeled and cut crosswise or 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 4 -5 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (or 1 8oz can with juice)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Place vegetables on bottom of crock-pot. Place meat on top. Season with salt and pepper. Pour about 3 tablespoons of water into the pot. Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove meat and vegetables to large serving dish or bowl, cover to keep warm.
- Make gravy by making a smooth paste of 3 tablespoons of flour and 1/4 cup water in a 2-cup measuring cup. Slowly ladle hot juices into the flour mixture, stirring constantly. Once the measuring cup is full, pour gravy mixture back into crock-pot and blend with remaining juices. Either pour gravy over meat and vegetables, or serve gravy separately.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a nice way to pot roast--it's easy and th result was a nice and tender roast. My husband prefers much more spice but liked this just the same. Important to note is that in my crock pot the roast was done after 7 hours on low so keep the time frame in mind. Also, be sure to use a roast with plenty of fat for flavor.Reply
DH declared it the best roast beef I've done in the crock pot but he still prefers the oven one but is willing to try it again. I used 1.5 kilo bolar blade roast and cut all the fat off leaving 1 kilo of meat and it took 7 hours to cook to well done (which is what I estimated) and the meat was very tender though the vegies were a little underdone (cut up smaller next time) and the gravy was great. I did omit the onion and celery due to allergy issues. Thank you Gatorbek. Made for Please Review My Recipe.Reply
see 9 more