German Rosinenbroetchen (German Brandy Soaked Raisin Cookies)
- Ready In:
- 100 g raisins
- 4 tablespoons brandy or 4 tablespoons rum (or other liquor)
- 125 g sweet unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 125 g granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 envelope vanilla sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 225 g all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of,finely grated
- Soak raisins in a bowl with brandy for 30 minutes, covered.
- Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla sugar and the eggs and beat until thick & creamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and the spices.
- Stir lemon zest into the flour mixture.
- Gently fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture using a wooden spoon, being carefully not to overmix.
- Drain raisins and fold them into the batter.
- Using two spoons, scoop the dough into blobs the size of a cherry and place on the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 200 C/400F for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- IF USING AMERICAN MEASURING CUPS: use about 1 1/2 cups of raisins,1 stick butter,1/2 cup sugar,1 tsp vanilla sugar, about 2 2/3 cups flour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!