photo by Schooter
- Ready In:
- 6 cups all-purpose flour (~750 g)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 lb butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put flour on counter.
- Make hole in the middle to put other ingredients.
- Add yeast, water, salt, vanilla, sugar, eggs, baking powder and butter to middle of flour.
- Knead dough until all ingredients are mixed. (Alternatively, use Kitchenaid with paddle blade to combine ingredients. First cream together butter and sugar; add eggs and vanilla; whisk together dry ingredients and add to wet alternating with water.).
- Roll a fourth of the dough out on to the counter to 1/8" thickiness (Make sure the dough is rolled very thin).
- Cut dough into 3x3 inch squares using a pizza cutter.
- Put 5 chocolate chips in the middle.
- Roll dough from corner. Cookie should look like a crescent roll. Make sure to pinch the dough together so they don't unroll when cooking.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for ~10 minutes.
- Roll in powdered sugar using a zip lock bag.
- Put cookies in container/ziplock and store in the freezer for best taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!