German Chocolate Angel Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- n a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and salt and beat until whites stand in soft peaks.
- Add sugar gradually and beat until very stiff.
- Fold in chopped nuts and 1 teaspoon. vanilla.
- Turn the meringue into a buttered 9 inch pie plate.
- Spread over bottom and sides of plate, building up the sides 1/2 inch above the edge of the plate.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat chocolate, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in coffee.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Fold 1/3 of the cream into the melted chocolate, then fold the chocolate mixture back into the whipped cream until no streaks remain.
- Work quickly to prevent the chocolate from seizing up.
- Spoon mixture into meringue shell.
- Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!