Gazpacho with Roasted Peppers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Cooking Light magazine, August 2002, as requested.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups chopped seeded peeled tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 large basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped roasted bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor; add 3/4 cup cucumber.
- Pulse 5 times or until coarsely pureed.
- Combine the pureed tomato mixture, juice, and the next 6 ingredients (juice through black pepper); stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or until chilled.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cucumber and parsley.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 cup).
- Note: Store soup in refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Stir and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION