This shrimp is so good! I made it with filet mignon on fathers day and I was so proud of myself!
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 25 -30 large shrimp, raw and peeled
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic (fresh or from a jar)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large Ziplock freezer bag, mix everything and swish it around good to coat all of the shrimp.
- Or, mix everything in a large bowl and cover TIGHTLY with Saran wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Preheat large heavy bottom pan with a little more olive oil in it on medium.
- Toss shrimp around for about 10-15 minutes until pink and lightly browned.
- TIP: Do not substitute with garlic powder OR dried parsley!
- Serve with steak or pasta with a white sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I cooked the shrimp on the barbecue rather than in a frying pan and lost a lot of the garlic and parsley to the flames. The shrimp were still tasty but I'm sure it would have been far better if half the ingredients weren't lost to the flames and I'm therefor not leaving stars. That's certainly not the fault of the recipe but, rather, the cook. Made for ZWT8.
I first had this dish many, many moons ago at a little hole-in-the-wall Greek restaurant in Florida. So quick and simple, but absolutely divine! We usually add Parmesan if serving over pasta, but with just shrimp, I love a squirt of fresh lemon juice. Thanks for posting this one, Dreamgoddess. Hopefully, lots of people will get to enjoy this great recipe!