Garlic Scape Pesto
I was surprised to find several garlic scape pesto recipes posted on this site. Here's another version for you. Quality ingredients [especiallly] good quality freshly grated cheese is crucial for best flavor in this recipe. Walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts can replace those expensive pine nuts.
- Ready In:
- 6 garlic scapes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Place the garlic scapes, Parmesan cheese, Asiago cheese, lemon juice, and pine nuts in the bowl of a food processor.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the mixture.
- Blend until the pesto is a brilliant green color and smooth in texture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serving suggestion: I tossed the pesto with fresh pasta and garnished the pasta with minced fresh parsley and a few Recipe #452748.