Scape Pesto With Artichokes
photo by Rainbabe
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups pesto
- 1 bunch garlic scape (about 8 to 10)
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese, more to taste
- approximately 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- cooked pasta
- Cut up scapes so that they will fit in the bowl of a food processor. Add pine nuts, garlic and parmesan cheese. Process until coarsely chopped.
- With processor running add oil through feed tube until a nice pesto-like paste forms. Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour pesto into a bowl and add artichoke hearts. Toss with cooked pasta adding pasta water as needed.
- Makes about 1 ½ cups pesto, enough for 4 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!