Garlic Bread Salad
When I saw the picture of this salad, I knew that I had to make it, and once I tasted it, I knew I had to post it. This is a fabulous salad with a delicious flavour. Makes a great lunch!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 large roma tomatoes, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and trimmed
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 -8 basil leaves, julienned
- salt and pepper
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Reserve half the olive oil mixture. Brush both sides of the bread slices with the remaining olive oil mixture. Arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes perside or until brown. Cut each slice into 1 inch cubes.
- Whisk the reserved olive oil mixture and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Add the bread cubes, tomatoes, artichokes, cheese, green onions and basil and mix gently. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION