Fusilli Bucati Lunghi With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from Vegetarian Times-September 2010.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 large carrot, finely diced (1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces fusilli
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add roasted peppers, onion, and carrot; sauté 5 minutes, or until onion begins to brown. Add 3/4 cup water, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Remove roasted pepper mixture from heat, and purée in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Drain pasta, and return to pot. Stir in red pepper sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION