This fast easy-to-make desert is the perfect cooking project for kids. Please don't expect a pie crust, as this "pie" does not have a crust but is simply a delicious desert perfect for a family dinner. Original recipe printed in Bon Appetit (June, 1982).
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- whipped cream (garnish) (optional)
- grated chocolate (garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease 8-inch pie pan.
- Combine sugar and butter and mix well in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, then flour, cocoa and vanilla, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour mixture into pie pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Cool and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate, if desired.