Cheesy Funeral Potatoes
photo by CulinaryQueen
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Peel potatoes and boil for 30 minutes, until just tender.
- Cool and grate into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Combine soup, sour cream, cheese, ½ cup melted butter and onion.
- Gently blend into the potatoes.
- Combine corn flakes and 2 tbsp melted butter. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
PAC Fall 2007 - These were excellent! Very tasty indeed. I quartered the recipe as there is only two of us. Hubby went back for seconds and I was tucking in to the leftovers before I put them into the fridge! I did not cook the taters first, but just grated them into the baking dish as I thought they would have been a mushy mess. Also, 30 minutes is too long for boiling...20 minutes, tops. I ended up baking for 45 minutes to allow the potatoes to cook. Would definitely make again. Thanks Chalko!