Fruity and Spicy Appetizers
photo by islandgirl77551
- Ready In:
Curried tortilla chips (can be prepared up to a week in advance)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons indian curry paste (levelled tablespoons, preferably Madras, Korma, or a paste that you know and like) or 2 tablespoons caribbean curry paste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Sour cream mixture (can be prepared a day in advance)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
Salsa (can be prepared a day in advance) ingredients
- 1 cup finely chopped deseeded and peeled tomatoes (2-3 tomatatoes, to peel place cored tomatoes into boiling water for 15 to 30 seconds until skins spl)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh ripe mango (but not too ripe)
- 1 red chile (deseeded and finely chopped, I use a Thai chili)
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (=fresh coriander, chop leaves and stems)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Curried tortilla chips: Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Mix curry paste and oil in a very small pan. I use a metal cup measurement. Cook for one minute on medium-low heat.
- Spread curry paste mixture on tortillas, then cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Arrange wedges in a single layer on a large lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes (slightly below middle of oven). Let cool. Store in airtight container if not used the same day.
- Sour cream mixture: Mix together. Refrigerate.
- Salsa and salsa dressing: Mix salsa ingredients and salsa dressing separately. Combine. Salsa is best when made a few hours in advance and served at room temperature.
- Assembling (has to be done just before serving): Spread sour cream mixture on each wedge, ca 1 heaped tsp per wedge. Drain salsa using a sieve. Scatter each wedge with ca 1 heaped tsp salsa. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Cooking is my passion!