Zucchini Carrot Spice Muffins
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is my own tweak on a classic zucchini bread recipe -- fruity and spicy and moist. Even my squash-and-carrot-loathing kids like these!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot (one large carrot)
- 1⁄2 cup grated apple (one medium apple)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Squeeze excess moisture from zucchini and apple.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, soda, powder, salt and spices.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla until well blended.
- Add zucchini, carrot, apple and pineapple to wet mixture.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Pour into paper-lined or greased muffin tins (24 muffins) or greased loaf pans (2 large).
- Bake for 20 minutes (muffins) or 60 minutes (loaves).
- May be topped with cream cheese icing for extra deliciousness!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION