Frosted Cashew Cookies
photo by WiGal
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups salted cashew halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in the egg, sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold in cashews.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfulls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Lightly brown butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add cream and vanilla.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick.
- Frost cookies.
- Top each with a cashew half if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!