From Scratch Au' Gratin Taters (Au Gratin Potatoes)
This recipe was created out of desperation and limited ingredients and we are so happy. It turned out to be something that the whole family really enjoyed and the kids ate it up! Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 (8 ounce) cans sliced white potatoes (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup real butter
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 small white onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all ingredients into a large boiler (keep out 1 cup of cheese). Bring all ingredients to a low boil on stovestop, stirring often because the potatoes with burn to bottom if they settle.
- Once mixture has come to a boil, pour into a 13 x 9 baking dish. Cover top with remaining cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes and then remove foil and finish baking about 10/15 minutes. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yummy. Everyone loved this au agratin potato dish, especially DH. The cheesy, creamy topping over the potatoes was delightful, and the potatoes were cooked through to perfection (not too crunchy yet not mushy). I will definitely make this dish often. Thanks for sharing, KatieBrown. Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef, April 2009.Reply