Fresh Cauliflower Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
For all you cauliflower affectionados....this is so yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 10 cups romaine lettuce or 10 cups iceberg lettuce, broken into bite size pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced or mashed)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower
- In skillet over medium heat, toast bread crumbs in melted butter until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to drain& cool.
- Place lettuce in large salad bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and garlic and mix well.
- Pour dressing over lettuce and toss well to coat lettuce.
- Grate or finely chop Cauliflower and sprinkle it on top of the lettuce, and add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle toasted bread crumbs on top of salad.
- Serve immediately -- if you are making this salad ahead of time do not add the bread crumbs until ready to serve as they may get soggy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION