Franco American Apple Slaw
- Ready In:
- 4 granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- celery seed (optional)
- Cut the apples into julienne (matchsticks), ending up with about 2 cups of apple.
- Cut the onion and the carrot similarly, ending up with about 1/2 cup of matchsticks of each.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except the celery seeds) to make the dressing.
- Toss the apples, carrots and onions gently in the dressing and chill for at least on hour.
- Remove the slaw from the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with celery seeds if desired.
Join The Conversation
This is one of the most delicious coleslaw recipes I've ever tried. The recipe was cut in half<br/>and I added 1 cup of shredded cabbage and two varieties of apples: Granny Smith and Pink Lady. The optional celery seed was used and I wouldn't omit it. Good quality maple syrup is very important. Reviewed for Veg Tag/November.
The subtle flavour of sweet/sour dressing combination was a lovely fresh addition to the Labour Day barbeque. I made sufficient to keep body and soul together during the day on Sunday; noshed on it all day and liked it so much, repeated the recipe to share with my friends on Labour Day... Of course for the barbeque group, I doubled the recipe to have enough of a good thing for all to enjoy. Can I give it 10 stars,(five stars twice) because I made your recipe twice? Well done.