Cabbage & Green Apple Slaw
- Ready In:
- 1 head green cabbage, Shredded
- 1 large green apple, Julienned (Or 2 medium)
- 1 large carrot, Julienned
- 1 lemon, Juiced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mint jelly
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1. Shred the cabbage and place in a large bowl.
- 2. Julienne the apple and carrot, and chop the cilantro and add to bowl.
- 3. Toss in the lemon juice.
- 4. To Make Dressing: Mix together horseradish, dijon mustard, mint jelly, poppy seeds, salt, cayenne, pepper, white wine vinegar and honey.
- 5. Pour onto slaw and mix well. Let stand in regfrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>A Very Happy Stay At Home Mom!!!! I have a soon to be 11year old that lives with his dad, his name is JayJay, and 3 living at home with me, and 1 on the way....I'm lovin' life! Ashton will be 8 in January, he's the smartest kid I know! Wrylie will be 6 in February and he's got more passion and caring in his little pinkie than most adults I know!!! And my very personal pride and joy Hennessey. She was born on the 27th of September 2007 and she's my little dollbaby. I love being at home with my children..love paying for ALL the stuff my 2nd grader brings home...soccer fees, and basketball fees, and book orders...I love cartin' my kindergartner around, and then coming home and cuddlin' with my little girl, and shopping for her favorite thing...shoes. My husband and I are as tight as 2 people can be, and I hate it when he leaves for work and can't wait until the clock strikes 4:30 because I know that means he's on his way home. Life is good. I couldn't ask for more.</p>