Fluffy Pineapple Pie
An interesting pie recipe found online. Preparation time does not include the time needed for the finished pie to firm up in the refrigerator.
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 24 large marshmallows
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 8 maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice & setting the pineapple aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine this juice & the marshmallows, then microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute. Stir, then microwave another minute or until mixture is smooth.
- Refrigeerate the microwaved mixture for 30 minutes or until lightly thickened & cooled, stirring occasionally.
- When cooled, fold in the whipped topping & pineapple, then pour into the crust. Cover & refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- When ready to serve, garnish with the cherries, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I couldn't resist this because it has so many of my favorite naughty treats--graham cracker, marshmallows, and pineapple. It's hard to go wrong with that combo. Very easy to put together. The finished product was much more whippy than I expected. It was a little soft actually, and it occurred to me to freeze it for a frosty hot-weather treat. It turned out very light and refreshing.Reply