Fluffy Homemade Dumplings
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- (Have chicken already cooked and boiling).
- Put all DRY ingredients in food processor, combine milk, salad oil, and food coloring; add to dry ingredients in food processor and process on high just till well blended.
- Lay large clean dry cloth on table and have it already dusted with flour.
- And about a cup of flour right in the middle.
- Pour soft gooey dough on mound of flour and put some flour on top of dough so dough won't stick to your hands while you work the flour into the dough. Keep working flour into dough till of a consistency to roll out into dumplings. Roll as thin as you like (I like mine very thin) and then cut with a pizza cutter or knife and then drop into BOILING juice with chicken already cut up and cooked.
- Simmer covered on very low heat (so as not to boil over or stick) for about 20 to 25 minutes. DO NOT Stir. If you check them and think they are sticking, take a pancake turner and scoot them around on the bottom till unstuck, but DO NOT stir. Then shut off and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Then turn back on till boiling, shut off and let sit for another 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The texture was great. I really enjoy the dumplings.I cooked the chicken and drained off the juice, and saved. I deboned the chicken. I put 2 and 1/3 cups of flour in breadmachine 3/4 cup of buttermilk and the rest of the ingredients from the recipe. I put the breadmachine on dough/paste. When done took out roll on flour board and cut. Then took saved juice heated up to boiling and dropped in dumplings. Then added chicken. Was wonderful. Chef#220151
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to let you all know that I am no longer able to review your recipes that I have tried. since they changed the site around webtv does not supprt zaars new site.I have a webtv not a computer and webtv does not support the new recipezaar site. so I will no longer be able to review your great recipes,nor will I be able to put my own recipes on here.Please don't think I wouldn't like to review your recipes,it was one of the nice parts of zaar that I did enjoy doing. So please forgive!!! I am Married to the same guy for 40 years,I Have 2 beautiful Daughters, who have given me 6 grand and glorious grandchildren. I love to cook,in fact you could call it my favorite hobby My pet peeve is telemarketers,Every time I get busy with my recipe hobby one of them will call and knock me off the web,and of coarse I waste precious time getting back on.I am disabled,so I no longer work,and have plenty of time to pursue my hobby. My best dish I make is Lasagna but thats just because I love lasagna.I am also asked to bring No-Bake cookies at all of our potlucks, and linger-longers at church.Meat loaf is another often requested dish I am asked to bring...... NOT MY meatloaf but .... My husbands. He is as good a cook as I am,He can cook anything I can cook, and I can cook anything he can cook,but some things I make better,and some He makes better...So we do a lot of compromising at our house.