Fluffy Coffee Mousse
Creamy and fluffy all at once, this dessert looks good enough to be nice ending to a romantic dinner- but it only takes a few ingredients and little effort to make. Taken from an old 70's dessert cookbook. Cooking time is chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk, refrigerated for 30 minutes
- 2 ounces chocolate, grated
- 1 cup whipped cream (optional)
- Heat the coffee and marshmallows in a small saucepan, stirring often until they are almost melted.
- Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath.
- Add the chocolate to the marshmallow mixture, remove from heat and keep stirring until it's smooth. Pour into a bowl and place on ice bath.
- Stir until cooled and beat with an electric mixer until frothy. In another bowl, (no need to wash beaters) beat evaporated milk until thickened and doubled in volume. Fold gently into marshmallow mixture.
- Divide into 6 custard or ice cream cups and refrigerate until set. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and more grated chocolate if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I cut the recipe in half . I made my coffee to strong but that was this chefs BOOBOO It turned out very bubbly and a bit thin so I think I rushed it and will be making it again on the weekend. But my family still raved over the lightness and flavour and my DD wants the way I made it sent to starbucks as a topping for their boring froth LOL Made for Beverage tag