Flounder and Spinach Bake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Eat more fish!! That is what the cardiologists say. I love fresh flounder and this is a simple but delicious way to prepare it.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked according to package directions,drained well and squeezed dry
- 1 lb fresh small flounder fillets
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of shrimp soup
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
- Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer spinach across the bottom of the dish.
- Place flounder fillets evenly over the top of the spinach and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sherry and flour; stir until well mixed; add the soup; stir to combine.
- Pour over the fish fillets Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Place butter bits evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Love this dish. It is light and tasty. I did make a change. I layered thin slices of tomato over the spinach with Feta cheeze crumbles. I also grated a little more Parmesan Cheeze. In the sauce I added 10 raw medium shrimp, cut into 1/4" pieces to enhance the Shrimp Condensed Soup. I will make this again. Yummy!Reply