Fire-Roasted Apple Crisp
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 9x13 pan
- 6 cups peeled and sliced granny smith apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked quick oats
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Place apples in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Combine apples, ½ cup sugar, apple juice, 2 tbsp flour, lemon juice and ½ tsp cinnamon. Toss gently to coat apple slices evenly. Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, 1/3 cup flour, ¼ cup sugar, butter and ½ tsp cinnamon, stirring until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!