Fiesta Chicken Taco Cups
photo by Mommy Diva
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) package taco shells
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- lettuce, shredded
- cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- tomatoes, chopped
- Remove tortillas, taco sauce, hot sauce, and taco seasoning mix from dinner kit.
- Press or fold tortillas to fit into muffin cups coated with vegetable cooking spray, forming bowls; coat bowls with cooking spray. (It helps to microwave the tortillas a few seconds to make them more pliable).
- Bake at 375ºF for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Saute chopped bell pepper and onion in hot oil in a large skillet 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken, taco sauce, hot sauce, taco seasoning mix, 1/4 cup water, and lime juice; cook over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Spoon evenly into tortilla cups, and top with desired condiments.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Everyone enjoyed these tonight. I also had a little difficulty forming the cups and had to lightly fry the corn tortillas first to make them pliable, but they tasted great in the end. I did not buy a boxed dinner, but rather had all the ingredients fresh in the house and used it with chicken breasts cooked with Recipe #166030 for seasoning along with the peppers, onions, water, oil and added about 1/2 cup white wine to the chicken as it simmered. Ultimately shredded the chicken - all was delicious!! Thanks for a fun recipe - it's a keeper!!
We enjoyed this recipe. The taco cups were a little difficult to make ~ I finally heated the tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds and then they didn't tear as I putting them in the muffin pan. They crisped very nicely in the oven. The filling was very easy to make although in the directions it says to add the hot sauce and there was no hot sauce in my soft taco dinner so I just added a few swigs of Tabasco. I really liked the addition of the lime juice. Thanks for posting a recipe I'll be making alot!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"