Chicken, Green Chilies & Cheese Cups
photo by stormylee
- Ready In:
30 mini quiches
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken, cooked & diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 30 miniature phyllo cups
- Heat the oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream , salt & pepper.
- In another bowl, mix the chicken, chilies, cilantro & cheese.
- Place the phyllo cups on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Spoon 1 rounded tsp of chicken filling into each shell, then add about 1 tsp of egg mixture. Let the shells sit for about 1 minute so the egg can settle to the bottom, then top with another tsp of egg mixture-filling it close to the top.
- Bake cups about 15 minutes, or until filling has set.
- *After cooling, can be frozen for upt to 2 weeks-reheat @ 350 for 10-15 min.*.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home (or in the car:)) mom to two cute kids-ages 7 & 4-and one husband! He's pretty cute too....We live in Fullerton,California, which is also where I grew up. I love, love, love to cook, drink wine with friends, shop, travel, read magazines and collect cookbooks. I have zillions of them and love to sit on the couch with a good cookbook! I belong to a guild of Children's Hospital of Orange County(CHOC) and we recently just finished our own cookbook to raise funds for the hospital. I also enjoy shopping and selling on ebay-so many fun things to find out there! Thanks Liza at recipezaar (my college roomate) for leading me here. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">