Green Peas Cottage Cheese Cups
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is the prize-winning recipe from the Thursday magazine dated Feb 9th-15th'06. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
For the cups
- 2 cups refined flour
- 4 tablespoons warm melted ghee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- water, as required to make dough
- oil, to deep fry
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiled green peas
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1 cup coarsely mashed panir
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon chat masala
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- To prepare the dough, mix refined flour, ghee and salt in a round flat-bottomed bowl using your greased(with some ghee so that the dough will not stick to your fingers)fingers.
- Add enough water as is required to prepare the dough until it is semi-hard.
- Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- From the dough, pinch off small balls.
- Flatten each ball and then roll it out using a rolling pin(just the way you make chappati/roti/Indian flatbreads). Roll out to the size of about 7 cms. in diameter.
- Now take about 7 small metallic containers.
- Cover them from outside using the thinly rolled dough.
- Deep fry in warm oil till the dough is golden brown and crispy.
- What we are trying to achieve here is the shape of the cups. I think it is an amazing way of blending in creativity into cooking!
- Drain on clean absorbent kitchen paper napkins.
- Next, carefully separate the container and cups.
- Store the cups in an air-tight container.
- Repeat likewise for remaining cups.
- Then start making the stuffing.
- For this, heat oil in a pan.
- Toss in onions and stir-fry for a minute.
- Fold in capsicum and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle some water while stir-frying to prevent from burning.
- Add the boiled greenpeas and the mashed paneer, garam masala powder, salt and chat masala powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir-fry for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow it to cool.
- To serve, stuff the cups with the prepared stuffing.
- Then, garnish each cup with finely chopped tomatoes and finely chopped corriander leaves or parsley or cilantro or mint leaves(whichever is your favourite).
- Note: You may also use your choice of veggies in the stuffing. If you do, please mention it in your review for myself and others to try. Thanks!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION