Fear the Reaper BBQ Sauce
A slightly sweet boldly spicy BBQ
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 2 carolina reaper pepper (seeds and ribs removed)
- 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups molasses
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon or 1/2 cup sour mash whiskey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablesppon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Puree peppers and pineapple with juice in blender until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in medium sized stock pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1.5-2 hours stirring occasionaly.
- Once sauce has reached your desired thickness transfer to hot pint or 1/2 pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace, secure lids and bands, process for 20 minutes in boiling water canning bath,.
- Remove from canner and allow to cool overnight-transfer any jars that do not seal to refrigerator-sealed jars can be stored for up to a year in a cool dry area. If you choose not to process the jars cool on counter for about an hour then transfer to fridge(use within 1 month).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation